Cigarette smoke and nasty food smell in new apt

Forsvar den omkostningsbestemte husleje! Forums Lejerbrevkassen Cigarette smoke and nasty food smell in new apt

• Dette emne er tomt.
Viser 1 svartråd
  • Forfatter
      Maria 5170
      Medlem

Hi, i just moved into a new apt, top floor in an old house…but it is an otherwise very nicely renovated place.
      Immediatly after moving in i noticed nasty cigarette smoke coming into a corner of the kitchen (!!!)…daily. I know the neighbour downstairs smokes. Smoke and often also smell from cooking comes in at several places in the apt…in one bedroom, in the bathroom, in the kitchen. I told the owners about 10 times now that their is an issue and they keep saying ” we will look what we fan do”… But after 3 weeks no action has been taken. I have history of asthma, pay an enormous rent…for a nasty smoke smelling place. The apt was advertised as non smoking,,,but the landlord told me the house as such is not. There is also a duct tape covered exhaust in the bathroom…when on move in day i asked why that is, the landlord said he cant remember. I have a contract that says i cannot move out for a year…but if it is unliveable for me, surely some danish law must support say that a place must not stink of cigarette smoke and food?!
      Please help, this is a huge problem…i had a very expensive move into a very expensive, but super stinky, place!

Jakob Lindberg

I am afraid, that you somehow has to live with that. Old houses has many leaks, where smells from the underlying appartments can spread.

Maybe something can be done to get a reduction on the rent, and maybe the clause in your contract that binds you for 1 year is not valid.

I suggest you contact a local tenants association. De adresses under “Lejerforeninger”

Kind regards

Jakob Lindberg

Viser 1 svartråd

Du skal være logget ind for at svare på dette indlæg.